Why file your tax return early? Lots of good reasons...
March 16, 2020
If April 15 always seems to sneak up on you, get out in front of this year’s tax deadline and file early. Here are a few top reasons why you should…
- Reduce your stress. When you wait until the last minute, it can spike stress levels. The dread of the impending tax deadline, the worry of compliance—it all adds up to tax season anxiety. Make this the year you file early and cut back on the stress of the season.
- Reduce the risk of identity theft. Once your return is filed with the IRS, personal information (such as SSNs) is locked and cannot be used again by anyone. Filing your taxes early really can help reduce or eliminate the risk of identity theft.
- Expedite your refund. If you believe you are due a refund this year, the sooner you file the sooner you’ll receive your refund. And who doesn’t want that?!
- Additional time to identify other potential tax savings. When you supply our team with all your documentation early, it offers extra time to prepare your return and identify any additional savings. Filing earlier also affords you more time to gather your documentation and search for any additional paperwork needed.
- More time to pay your tax bill. If you owe the IRS money, filing early gives you more time to save in order to pay your tax bill by the individual tax return deadline.
Questions? Reach out to us soon. We want to ensure you receive all the value of filing your return early!
Back to List